Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2/23/18 Structure Fire

+7
T.Davis
J.Sanchez
N.Ocean
B.O'Flynn
D.Purcell
J. Floan
L.Campbell
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2/23/18 Structure Fire Empty 2/23/18 Structure Fire

Post by L.Campbell Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:09 pm

This will be in Area 8 Bravo. 4418 S Los Alamitos Dr. For Battalion 1, Engine 23, Engine-17, Engine-8, Engine 46, Truck-17, Truck-11, Medic-17 and Medic-11. Multiple callers reporting Flames coming from the 4th floor of the Riley center Apartments. Units responding your call will be on Ops-1, Time out 1602.
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

2/23/18 Structure Fire Empty Re: 2/23/18 Structure Fire

Post by J. Floan Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:28 pm

* The rest of the station scrambles to get in their gear and climb aboard their respective apparatus. I jog over to the engine and step into my turnout pants. As I pull them up I grab for my jacket and climb aboard. rich has the engine On and lights going already. I sit in my seat and close my door. Brian and Ty call ready and we pull out behind Jamie and the ambulance. *

" fire, Station 17 responding. "

* I look back and see the truck pulling out behind us. I light up the siren and sit back as we head towards the fire. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

https://tces.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Purcell Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:24 pm

* Brad picks up speed on the engine and we start heading towards the call. *

" Engine-23 responding "

' Alright I don't know who will be 1st in here but when we arrive lets grab an 1 1/2 and get ready to head up. Brad ur on irons as well. '

* He nods and we continue towards the call. *
D.Purcell
D.Purcell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by L.Campbell Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:25 am

" Units responding be advised, we are receiving multiple calls of trapped victims on floors 3 and 4. "
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:29 am

* I lean my head out the window and notice a large header out in front of us. I looks like it is raising several hundred feet in the air. Thick black smoke. *

' Hey u guys see that. Wow, I havnt seen one that bad in a long time. '

* I sit back and get secured into my SCBA while we maneuver in and out of traffic following the RA. *
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:42 am

* I hear over the radio that Engine 8, Engine 46 and Truck-11 on scene. They confirm there is visible flames showing through multiple exposures. I take a nice deep breath and sit back as we continue our trek to the call. *

" Engine-17 to Engine 46 we are 2 minutes out. "
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Ocean Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:22 am

* I cut the siren and pull us up behind one of the other engines. I step out with Jamie and we look up at the building. It is heavily involved with exposures everywhere showing heavy flames. *

' How in the hell are we going to handle this '

* As Jamie gets on the radio to call us on scene I get my turnout coat from the side compartment and put it on. We walk over to the battalion chief who has just arrived and check in for our assignment. *
N.Ocean
N.Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by L.Campbell Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:27 am

* The battalion chief on scene calls for a 2nd alarm *

" Fire copies battalion stand by. "

" This will be a 2nd alarm assignment for the working fire at 4418 S Los Alamitos Dr. For DC-1, Squad-24, Engine-12, Morrington Engine 42, Morrington Truck-7. All units responding your call will be on Ops 1. "
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 am

" Engine-17 on scene. "

* I step out and grab my cover. My crew starts to walk up with me to the BC. I shake hands with him and look up at the fire. *

' Tim, what do u need us to do. '

Matthews: john take your crew and head to the 4th, your team, 8's and 46's can clear that floor, 46 is already up there reporting multiple victims. '

Me: On it.

* I look back at my crew. *

' Ty, get the high rise kit, Bryan, bring up the irons. '

" Engine-17 to truck-17, Ladder up to the 4th, we will enter from the exterior. "
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Sanchez Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 pm

" Division-1 Responding fire. "

* I weave through traffic who as usual does not stop at all for any emergency vehicles. *
J.Sanchez
J.Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Purcell Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:30 pm

* As we pull up on scene I'm amazed by the size of this fire. *

' What the hell could have done this. '

" Engine-23 on scene fire. "

" BC-1 to Engine-23, Start your attack on the 3rd floor with the Morrington units already on scene, "

" Engine-23 copies. "

* I step out with my tank already on. Bran and Mark walk up to me and we immediately make sure all our gear is in order for our ascent to the 3rd floor. *
D.Purcell
D.Purcell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:55 pm

* I walkover to the ladder truck who is raising their stick. *

' Nick you guys follow us up, right now our position is straight S&R, other teams will be handling the fire. Evidently there are multiple victims up there. '

* He nods and takes his ball cap off, puts his cover on and our crews start our climb up the ladder to the 4th floor. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Davis Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:04 pm

* I follow John and Bryan up to the 4th floor. We I step off the bucket into the building the head is overwhelming. I look around and see the paint starting to peel off the walls and smoke is everywhere. I call out that I'm clear of the ladder and we all start searching the floors. *

' Fire Department, Anybody here, FIRE DEPARTMENT, '

* Bryan, John and I look to the left apartments going down the hall and Brondum and his crew look to the right, Up ahead we see the searchlights from the other units on the 4th. *
T.Davis
T.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:32 pm

' Watch the flooring boys, The fire is below us too, move quick and get as many out as we can. '

* I open door after door checking for people. We call out for what seems like an eternity until we hear a cough, *

' Whoa whoa shut up, you hear that?. '

* We move forward calling out for victim then come upon a man, He has slight burns on his clothing but otherwise looks in good shape. *

' Bryan, Ty, get him out. '

" Engine-17 to Ladder-17 we have one, we are bringing him out the same way we came in. "

* The ladder operator confirms my message and Bryan and Ty start evac'ing him out of the building. I continue my search on that area. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Sanchez Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:41 pm

* I kill the siren as I pull up. Looking at the fire I shake my head and get my helmet. I shut off the emergency lights and close the door to my truck. BC Matthews walks up to me and shakes me hand. *

" Fire, DC-1 on scene assuming command. "

' Alright Tim, whats the status of our crews inside. '
J.Sanchez
J.Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:51 pm

* I come upon a person on the ground. I kneel down to assist them. Its a female, She is middle aged and has some burns to her skin, *

' hey, fire department, HEY, '

* I get no response from her, I take my mask off for a moment and put it over her face, I push the force air and blast her with a quick rush of air. her eyes open up and she begins to clutch my mask gasping for air. *

' Just relax I'm gonna get u out. '

* I feel the building begin to quake a bit then stops, the fire is now running the ceiling on my area and the floor is very hot. *

" Engine-17 actual to Medic-17, I have one Patient on the 4th floor, she has burns to her extremities and has labored breathing, I'm bringing her out now, break, Engine-17 actual to ladder-17, 2nd victim coming out. stand by. "

* I look up and see the crew from 46 coming up. They help me to my feet and I grab a hold of the lady, she still holds firm on my mask for the air and with the assistance of one of the men from 46 we carry her to the waiting bucket out the window. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Purcell Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:06 pm

* Mark, Brad and I reach the third floor and start searching for the pipe to connect our hose too. Sprinklers are going off but only spitting out water here and there. *

' Shit, this system doesn't work,'

* The morrington units are ahead of us and are working their areas trying to bring this under control. I see Mark has found the connector and we immediately get an inch and a half going on the exposures. the fire has already ran the ceiling, and walls. Ahead of me I see one unit where the common wall with the hallway has collapsed and fire is poking through that. *

' Mark, there, attack it there. '

* He opens his stream and we begin our suppression. *

" Engine-23 to DC-1, we are moving forward on the fire on the 3rd. Morrington units are far ahead of us down the hall. "
D.Purcell
D.Purcell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 pm

* Tyrell and I hand off the patient to the truck crew at the bucket then turn around in time to see John with his patient. I grab her and release his mask from her grip then help hand her to the truck crew. *

* I take my mask off for a moment to wipe my brow then put it back on. the three of us head back into the fire to keep looking. *
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Langley Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:04 pm

* Both myself and one other firefighter receive the 2 victims from the interior crew. I get on the controls and start lowering the bucket to the awaiting medics. *
' Hey buddy, keep them alert, we are almost on the ground. the medics will take them from us then. '
D.Langley
D.Langley

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:54 pm

* I start walking back into the hallway, the fire is Starting to get much worse on our level. We begin sweeping much quicker now through the hallway. I see the other crews ahead of us. We come in contact with the crew from 46's toward the middle of the hallway. *

' Jason, is your area clear? '

' Yea we are clear John lets get out of here. '

' Ok start making your way to the bucket, lets clear this level. '

" Engine-17 actual to DC-1 4th floor is clear at this time. fire is spreading fast through this level. we are backing out. "

* I turn around and start heading back to the bucket with the other units. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Sanchez Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:13 pm

" Copy Engine-17, DC-1 to all crews on the 4th floor, evacuate 4th floor. Say again Evacuate 4th Floor. DC-1 to Engine-23, Status report on the 3rd Floor. "
J.Sanchez
J.Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:29 pm

" Engine-17 Actual to Pump-17, we are evacuating the 4th floor, start the deck gun on any exposures with flame on the 4th floor. "

* I wait for the crews to start down the ladder from the bucket. Once Its clear I look around one last time then climb aboard and exit the building. I begin to climb down the ladder and eventually reach the bottom. My crew sits on the ground next to our engine as the deck gun shoots into an open window. I walk over to them and slowly remove my tank letting it rest on the ground. I sit next to them and feel the spray from the deck gun above us. *

' Well could be worse, it could be snowing. '

* we all laugh for a moment then watch as the fire is fought. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Davis Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:07 am

' This fire is so intense. '

* I sit there and look at the building. Even in the evening the black smoke is very visible and the orange flames light up the evening sky. *
T.Davis
T.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Sanchez Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:12 am

* I hear the call out from the crews on the 3rd floor that all areas have been checked and are clear. *

" Division-1 to Truck-17, Truck-11 and Truck-7. Egress to the roof and begin ventilation. Engine-17, engine-46, Engine-8 start your attack on the 4th floor once ventilation has began. Engine-23, clear the 3rd floor once relief comes up..... break, Division 1 to fire. Start a 3rd alarm.....Engine-12 take your men to the 3rd floor to relieve 23. "
J.Sanchez
J.Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:28 pm

* I hear the transmission and look at my guys. *

' c'mon, lets finish this up. '

" Engine-17 copies Returning to the 4th floor. "

* we all replace the tanks on our packs and start walking back into the building, The 1st floor is extremely smoky as is the entire staircase. *

' Once ventilation is underway this will clear quickly. '

* Water is raining down on us from the water cannons shooting inside. We make our way up past the 3rd floor where the fight continues. We get to the 4th floor and it is still an inferno. I point to the areas on the ceiling and Bryan turns on the hose. Tyrell and Bryan continue to attack the fire from the entrance tot he hallway. *

" Engine-17 to Engine-46we are at the entrance to the East side hallway attacking the ceiling. bring your men up behind us and we can start sweeping the hall. "
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next