Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11/28/14 Engine-17 Structure Fire.

3 posters

Go down

11/28/14 Engine-17 Structure Fire. Empty 11/28/14 Engine-17 Structure Fire.

Post by L.Campbell Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:18 pm

***** This will be a Mutual aid requested by Tri-County Fire for Engine-17 to assist with County Engine-4, Truck-4, Engine-273 and Battalion 11for a structure fire. Multiple callers saying the Hobo's Liquor store and attached Beauty salon has large black smoke coming from the windows. Engine-17 you will be responding on County Ops 1 and your time out will be 2210 ****
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

11/28/14 Engine-17 Structure Fire. Empty Re: 11/28/14 Engine-17 Structure Fire.

Post by J. Floan Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:06 pm

* We make a left turn onto Tri City Blvd and Rich rapidly picks up speed. I notice the engine is considerably faster than the old Engine. I hear all sorts of traffic on the radio from the county fire. *

" County Engine-4 to units responding we are on scene, 3 headers visible Engine-4 will attempt entry on the liquor store...........Engine-4 from Battalion 11 establish comms with Coronado 17 then make your entry Break, Battalion 11 to Truck-4 handle utilities then start ventilation, Battalion-11 will be on scene in 1 minute. "

' Ok guys you heard all that, looks like this is for real. '

* I sit back with my headset on and continue to monitor chat while we head up the Blvd. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

https://tces.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:23 am

* We make our left turn from Tri City Blvd onto Commonwealth and leave our district. Up ahead we start to see the black smoke of the liquor store fire. the radio chat continues to suggest a large fire inside being driven by more and more and more alcohol. *

" County Engine 4 from Coronado Engine-17 we are approx. 6 minutes out at this time. "
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:01 pm

* We edge closer to the scene. The scene is chaotic, white and black smoke are everywhere in this strip-mall. people are running and standing all over the place. Debris is everywhere suggesting an initial explosion. *

' What in gods name happened here. '

* Rich pulls us slowly through the debris and navigates his way around the people in the way who seem to ignore us completely. *

" County Fire. Coronado Engine-17 is on scene. "

* I get my SCBA strapped on as the engine comes to a stop. I take my headset off, set it on the hanger above my head and step out. Grabbing my Cover I put it on and start walking with my crew over to the battalion chief. *

' Chief......Captain Floan, engine-17 reporting in. where do you need us?.

Chief: Nice to meet you, take ur line into the liquor store and back up engine-4. 273 is going to take the beauty salon and truck-4 will vent and RIT.

Me: roger that.

' Alright guys lets get a 1 1/2 pulled and meet me at the entrance to the store. '
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:00 pm

* I walk quickly to the back of the engine and pull an inch and a half as John suggested. Rich gets our supply line connected and t's off to the other engine company7 on scene. I get the nozzle connected up and walk with Ty to the front door where John is already there on his knee. I walk up to him and take a knee with Tyronne. we both don our masks and give the thumbs up to John. I wave my hand at rich to charge the line and get ready to go in. *
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:48 am

* I see the bulge of water quickly move to the nozzle. I use my hand signal to alert the team to move in. I take one last look at my air supply then stand up and walk inside. there are already 2 hose lines inside from engine-4. Immediately we are met with thick smoke however we are still able to see inside well enough to not have to kneel down.. *

' Alright Brian, ty, find it and attack it. '

* We notice there are flames coming from the back of the store and head in that general direction. *

" Engine-17 to Engine-4 we are heading to the back of the store where flames are visible, what is your location.."
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:42 pm

* As we advance forward we see the active fire. Almost at once we notice the smoke start to flow out of the structure from the ceiling. I point up and see that the truck crew has successfully ventilated the roof. More and more smoke flows out as more holes are made. Brian looks at the fire and we all drop to a knee to start the initial attack. He opens the nozzle and the steady stream starts to hit the flames. *

' That's it keep at it. '

* We advance on the fire, knocking down what flames are left till we see the jet stream of the other engine inside the store. we close off the stream and walk over to them who do the same. *

' Evening gents hehe. looks like this one is ready for overhaul. '

* I take my mask off and cut air flow at the mask as the rest of the crew does the same. we start looking around for anything that can be salvaged for the store owner and start bringing it outside. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:29 pm

* I emerge from the building with a couple items in boxes that could be salvaged and set them on the ground. another county engine emerges from the beauty salon with their hose after a successful attack. I walk up to the battalion chief. *

' Hey chief, fire is knocked down, overhaul has begun. '

Chief: alright Captain go ahead and collect your men, we can handle overhaul, you can clear and head back to your district.

Me: yes sir.

" 17-Floan to Oflynn and davis, Goahead and head on back to the engine boys, county will handle overhaul. "

* I take my scba off and set it back into its position behind my seat, My coat I take off and put if on the floor in front of my seat and I climb into the engine. I get my headset into position and close my door.*

" Fire. Engine-17 is available back on Coronado fire channel. "
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down