Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St. Eva's Memorial ER

+6
C.Hock
N. Brondum
J. Bosco
J.Morrison
R.Bender
J. Floan
10 posters

Go down

St. Eva's Memorial  ER Empty St. Eva's Memorial ER

Post by J. Floan Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:49 am

This is a brand new state of the art ER. It is a sprawling center covering 5 trauma Rooms and 60 treatment rooms. 4 full trauma teams, 10 resident doctors and 1 chief of ER staff make up the newest addition to the City's emergency medical service.
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

https://tces.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

St. Eva's Memorial  ER Empty Re: St. Eva's Memorial ER

Post by R.Bender Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:31 pm

* As we leave the park I grab the mic to the ER to give them are report and update.*
" Squad 31 to St Evas ER
Go ahead this is ER
Good evening ER this Reagan from Squad 31 aboard Lifeline EMS we enroute to your location with a 15 Y/O male with a impalement in his right leg this is the same patient Engine-17 called in about 8 minutes ago, patients vitals havent changed and he still unconscious at this point in time we have stabilized the impalement, have IV with LR and O2 on at this time. ETA to your location is about 4 minutes.

ER copies room will be Trauma 2, Doc will meet you on arrival.
Squad 31 copies"
( Few minutes later.)
* We pull up and I see Mark and the Lifeline driver open the patient loading doors and we roll the patient out and into the ambulance ER entrance. We turn and get swarmed by a trauma team and the doc pulls me aside.*
' Doc: Glad you guys got him out quickly, we are going to try to get him upstairs and soon as possible.
Me: Alright let us know what you need'
* He goes inside and I follow and I give my report as we go. We get into the bay and the team is swarming getting the patient ready to go upstairs. We help the team get the patient transferred and then we help the lifeline crew get there stuff setup. After we head back out to the Squad.*
" Fire....Squad-31 is clear St Evas available on the air to Station 17."
R.Bender
R.Bender

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 am

* Not paying any attention to where we are going I feel the stretcher take a turn and head for a room where a team is waiting for us. Once she is transfered to the bed I stop CPR and let the docotrs take over. I walk out Drenched in Sweat to the Nurses Station and hand them the chart. *

Delivering Agency: Tri City Fire / Lifeline EMS
Patient Name: Doreen Juniper
Chief Complaint: Siezure w/ Arrest
Injuries: None
IV Started: Yes
Medicine Given: Lidocaine 1mg / 0.1 Epi

* I find a chair and sit down attempting to gain some strength and compose myself. I hear Brittany over the radio call that she is at St Eva's. I wait where I am as she and the EMT's restock the ambulance and clean up theirs. *
J.Morrison
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Bosco Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:05 am

"Metro Medic 2 to TCM"

"TCM go ahead"

"Afternoon this is Bosco on Metro Medic-2 we are enroute non-emergent with a 25 y/o male pt. Pt was ejected from the passenger seat during a MVC, he also reported a loss of consciousness for unkown duration. He is complaining of Severe neck and back pain. I do have a IV started, 18 Guage cath in left A/C 1000 N/S BOLUS. And, a 18 guage cath in left A/C 1000 Ringers Bolus Vitals are B/P 110/81 ,Pluse 87, Pulse ox was showing about 75%, I have the patient on 15 L/M via NRB. We have the patient fully immobolized to a LSB. We have an eta of about three to five minutes. Do you have any further questions or orders?"

"Negative, ready for your second patient."

"Alright, second patient is a 24 y/o female patient. She was a restrained driver, stating she didn't lose consciousness. She, is complainging of a little neck pain. I do have a IV started in Left A/C 1000 N/S with 18 guage cath TKO. Vitals are B/P: 120/95, P: 98, Resp: 18, O2 Sat: 97, I do have the patient on about 3 l/m via N/C. Pt is fully immobilized to a LSB, we should be there in about two to three now."

"Copy that, see you on arrival."

(five mins minutes later) *Nathan opens the rear doors and we walk the cot into the hospital. We are directed to Room 1 with pt number 1, and room 2 with pt number two. I give my report to the nurse.*

*I finish my PCR and head back to the truck*

"MEMS-2 is back available and enroute quaters."
J. Bosco
J. Bosco

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:14 pm

* I walk in with Rich and Hand the keys to the Charge nurse. Brian comes out and gets me a Sprite from the fridge....*

' You guys ready. '

* We all walk out of the ER and head towards the Engine. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:25 am

*As we pull off, I lookat the EMT.*
'St. Eva's gonna be your best bet!'
*I return to the patient and see he is not breathing. I look at the other Paramedic and yell out to the driver.*
'C'mon, we're losing him we gotta roll! Alright get a defib out, I'll request Epi.'
*I grab the mic as hit traffic, which Mark moves off of us.*
"Squad 3-1 to St. Eva's ER."
"Squad 31 go ahead."
"Copy."
"At. Eva's ER, we have a patient here flatlining, reps zero, BP 53 over 40, pulse zero request Epi 1:1."
"Confirm Squad 31, We have alerted a team for outside."
*I pull out the syringe and shoot it into the IV. I wait and see only a blip for a minute then lose it. I shake my head as I key up the mic again."
"Squad 31 to St. Eva's ER."
"Go 31."
"St. Eva, we are requesting Epi 1:10 for the same 25 year old burn victim BP is 55 over 35, pulse zero, reps zero."
"Clear for Epi 1:10, Squad 31."
"Squad 31 copies St. Eva's."
*I take the syringe that was already in my hand and add it to the IV. I see no result as I see the other paramedic grab the paddles. He gives them to me as he charges them. I rub them togther.*
'CLEAR!'
*He backs off as I shock the Vic. I see him jump and a quick blip on the screen that quickly disappears. I continue with CPR and the defib until we arrive.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:43 am

* As we enter the ER the Trauma staff immediatly take him from us and wheel him into a room. I take some paperwork to the nurses station. *

Nurse: Great job converting that guy, You know he has benn in here 4 times before with heart problems. Hopefully this time he'll listen to the doctors and take some stress out of his life.

Me: Thank yo and I hope so, we almost lost him there too. Anywyas here's the paperwork and I'll see you ladies around.

* Brittany grabs the Stretcher from outside a trauma room and we head back out to the ambulance to start cleaning out the back. *
J.Morrison
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Hock Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:27 pm

* I hand the paperwork to the ER Nurse and get a Soda from the fridge. My portable starts to go crazy with Priority traffic and I can tell that something bad has just happened. *

' Hmm I bet we'll be back here shortly. '
C.Hock
C.Hock

Back to top Go down

Post by R. DeSoto Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:31 pm

* I walk in with Hamza and the ambulance crew. THe nurse looks at both Hamza who is still in his stretcher and Me *

Nurse: Bring them to Trauma 4

* We walk over to the Trauma unit and Jamie along iwth brittany both put Hamza on the table then both of them blow us kisses and walk out. I look at Hamza. *

' We probably should thank them after this is over. '

* We both laugh but wince as it hurts to laugh while we wait for teh doctors to come in. *
R. DeSoto
R. DeSoto

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:39 pm

* I lay on the Table with Roy next to me waiting for the doctor to come in. *

' I can only imagine how busy they must be with all the patients from the riots coming in. '

* Roy nods his head but gets upset thinking about all that has happened to us in the past couple days. *

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:18 pm

* I walk around the ER waiting area with my Portable in my turnout pocket. Im Nervous for Hamza and the Nurses wont let any of us inside while they check out Hamza and Roy. *

' Brian this sucks, I cant believe they wont even tell us anything. '
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:39 pm

* After cleaning the Back of the bs out Brittany and I both take our Turnot gear off, put them away in a Side compartment and walk nto the ER. I see john pacing looking Nervous. *

' Hey Boss, dont worry, he was Fine when we dropped him off ok?.'
J.Morrison
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:30 am

* The doctor comes out and starts to talk to us about Roy and Hamza. *

' oh please tell us its good news. '
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:37 am

' Hello who is in charge here? '

* I step forward and intgroduce myself along with Chief McCollum. *

' Well im Doctor Harper. Umm Roy Desoto will be fine, just banged up. He can be released here shortly. Firefighter Sabha though has a Broken Kneecap, a Fractured ankle and a hell of a concussion. He obviously wont be going home today. '

* The doctor walks out of the room and we all ponder for a minute what just happened. *

' Wow no Q&A just inform and walk away. Wow that sucks ass. '
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:04 pm

' Alright guys lets all head back to the station, Tim I want you to be checked out and released. then go ahead and drive the truck back to the station after. '

* I start walking back to my unit. *

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Matthews Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:34 pm

' already done chief, im gonna drive the truck and have roy sit up front and ill take him back when hes ready'
* the nurse give roy the okay to leave, but to take it easy for the next couple days*
* i tell her ill be driving him home in the truck*
' lets go roy, you got my seat for today'
* we walk out to the truck and i open the drivers door and climb in and head back to the station*
T. Matthews
T. Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:58 pm

* Captain Floans radio goes off for the call for our units. We get upset looks on our faces and we all walk quickly out to our rigs. *

' Well We'll see you all out there. '

" Medic-17 Responding. "
J.Morrison
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:19 pm

* I lay in the bed looking up knowing im out of Commission for a while. te TV is on some sort of Disney movie which doesnt bring me any joy like it usually does. the nurse comes in looking horrible and tore up. In my less than nice mood I look over at her. *

' Oh great, first I get seriously injured and then I get matilda the hun for a nurse. I cantbelieve how my luck is going. '

* She gets an attitude and i realize that came out loud and she walks away *

Back to top Go down

Post by W. Qunicy Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:08 pm

* As we get closer I switch my headset to the ER frequency to give my report.*

" St Eva's this is Copter-3.
Copter-3 go ahead
St Evas we are approx. 5 minutes from touchdown we have male approx mid-30's was involved in a quad rollover was not wearing a helmet patients vitals on scene were pulse 38, BP: 62/35 and resp: unknown currently vitals are the same with resps at about 8 and pulse and B/P are hanging around 50 and 76/50 patient has lacerations on his face broken arm and was entrapped for about a hour.

St Eva's copies Trauma team will meet you on the pad."
W. Qunicy
W. Qunicy

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Hock Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:22 pm

* The Nurses direct us to Trauma-2. Brit and I head over that direction and are met by a Team of people. They quickly take the patient off the stretcher and onto an examination table. We wheel the stretcher out and I head to the Nurses station to hand in a report. *
C.Hock
C.Hock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum