Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/5/15 Engine-17, Brush-24

5 posters

Go down

9/5/15 Engine-17, Brush-24 Empty 9/5/15 Engine-17, Brush-24

Post by L.Campbell Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:19 pm

**** Engine-17, Brush-24 from station-17 respond to the area of Rim of the world and Kroeger. single caller reporting flames shown in the brush off to the left of Rim of the world. Units responding report activity and if brush response is needed. Time out 1830. ****
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

9/5/15 Engine-17, Brush-24 Empty Re: 9/5/15 Engine-17, Brush-24

Post by T.Wallace Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:00 pm

* I hear the alarm go off and it hits me that I have a call that I will be running alone. John looks at me and we both get that uh oh look. *

' Well this should be fun. Im alone on this. '

* we all stand up and start out to our respective units. I climb in the new brush truck and turn on the emergency lights. Since im alone I have no need to wait for a 2nd so I start the engine and pull quickly out of the rear of the station and onto Tri-City Blvd. *

" Brush-24 Responding. "
T.Wallace
T.Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:56 pm

* As I walk to the engine I can tell the obvious nervousness in Wallace's voice. I leave my coat in the truck but step into my bunker pants and climb aboard. bryan and Ty are already on board as Tommi tears out of the house and off towards the call. *

' u know I cant tell if he is frightened or excited the way he is driving. '

* We all laugh as I get my headset on. *

" Fire, Engine-17 is responding. "

* Rich pulls us out slowly then out into the evening air. the Q winds up high as we make our turn onto Crenshaw then immediately left to the blvd. *

" Engine-17 to Brush-24. We will take a left on kroeger and meet u on the opposite side of rim of the world. Report when you are in sight. "
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

https://tces.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:47 am

' well whenever we get a brush call I get nervous too. I guess its the fear that its going to explode into this huge thing. '

* I lean back getting my turnout coat snapped together. I leave my gloves off and keep my helmet on the seat in front of me. Looking out the window the evening looks beautiful. No clouds and the sun starting to bow down for the night makes the sky look almost purple/orangish. I try to look around to see any smoke but cant find any. *

' I bet this is going to be a bust cap. I cant find smoke anywhere can anybody else?. '
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Wallace Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:59 pm

* As I approach the site I can see a small plume of smoke. Very small in fact. It appears to be a small amount of brush ignited. *

" Engine-17 you can cancel. 24 can handle. it appears to be a piece of tumbleweed on fire. Brush-24 will be out 10 minutes. "

* I pull up and step out. Grabbing my turnout coat and getting it on I walk over to the brush. I notice a cigarette next to it and assume that is the ignition point. I walk back to the truck and grab a piss bag off the back and walk back. I walk back to the fire and start spraying around the fire. wetting all the brush around it then start to focus on the fire itself. The tumbleweed is quickly snuffed and I start stepping around on it trying to force out the rest of the embers. As the appear I put them out with the water from the bag before sitting back for a few minutes and wait to see if everything is out fully. *
T.Wallace
T.Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:43 pm

" Engine-17 copies cancel. "

' guys we are so close, cut the sirens but keep us going in he is by himself and can use the extra support. '

* I look out the window up ahead as we approach Tommy's position. *

" Fire. Engine-17.....show us available on scene with Brush-24. "

* I take my headset off as we come to a stop and climb out of the engine. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Davis Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:32 pm

( Sorry guys, im sure u know how crazy its been here lately. )

* I step out of the truck and walk over to Tommy, I unbutton my turnout as I walk up to him laughing slightly. *

' Wow this was a blaze and a half huh '

* We both laugh as we look at the sad remains of a piece of tumbleweed that caused this response. *
T.Davis
T.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:24 pm

* I step out of the truck and start walking over to Tommy and the guys who are just relaxing by the now blackened piece of brush. *

' Well Tom, this looks nice and all but we still need to get you a partner. Im working on it so hopefully u will have one in a day or two. '

* I pat him on the shoulder and start walking back to the engine. On the way back I hear the call for the squad to the red light district for a stabbing. *

' Hey guys lets roll we will help out the squad on their call. '

* I jog back to the engine and climb in. Getting my headset situated I key up the mic. *

" Fire Engine-17......We will assist the medics on that call. Show us en-route from kroeger and rim of the world. "
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down