Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8/7/14 Engine-12+ Truck-17+ Rocky County VFD

5 posters

Go down

8/7/14  Engine-12+ Truck-17+ Rocky County VFD Empty 8/7/14 Engine-12+ Truck-17+ Rocky County VFD

Post by L.Campbell Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:22 am

" This will be in Rocky County Fire's area, 9089 River Road for Rocky County Fire , Engine-12 , Truck-17 for reports of a Barn fire. Caller said he can see smoke coming from his barn with animals trapped. Units responding be advised the caller stated he was going to make an effort to get them out then the line went dead. Truck-17 be advised of low line trees in the area. Units responding your time out is 1030 and you will be responding on County Ops 5 "
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

8/7/14  Engine-12+ Truck-17+ Rocky County VFD Empty Re: 8/7/14 Engine-12+ Truck-17+ Rocky County VFD

Post by J.Cornelius Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:55 am

* I hear the alarm and the type of call. I walk out to the truck a little faster than normal. Steve is already turning the aux power on and climbing aboard. I get my turnout pants on, get my coat from the seat and get it on and climb aboard. My helmet sits on the dash of the truck so I close my door and start to hook my coat up. Uriah, and Robert are already aboard so I give the signal to Steve to head on out. *

" Truck-17 responding. "

' Alright boys, this is going to be a harrowing drive through shitty terrain so stay sharp out there. '
J.Cornelius
J.Cornelius

Back to top Go down

8/7/14  Engine-12+ Truck-17+ Rocky County VFD Empty Re: 8/7/14 Engine-12+ Truck-17+ Rocky County VFD

Post by S.Addington Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:23 pm

* I pull us out of the station and communicate with Robert when the rear is clear. I make my right turn and start heading across Crenshaw on our long journey to the county line. *

' Hey Jay, how are we going to navigate the dirt road, you know this truck cant handle that too well. '
S.Addington
S.Addington

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Cornelius Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:51 pm

* Hearing Engine-12 call out they are responding we just make our right turn onto Commonwealth from Los Al. *

' wow that response time is horrid for those guys. '

* Steve shakes his head in disgust of how bad that response time is and we continue on our way. revving up the Q as we get closer to intersections we both spot for eachother. *
J.Cornelius
J.Cornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Langley Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:53 pm

* Feeling under the weather today I rest my head on the side of the cab as we really pick up speed through the lights and intersections. *

' Hey Cap after this I think I need to take off for the tour. I feel really terrible. '
D.Langley
D.Langley

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:04 pm

*I hear the tones drop and groggily wake up from a nap. I yawn and start walking to the bay. I quicken my pace when I hear of a fire, and again when I hear of a possible person trapped. At this point I am nearly running to the rig, when I take a breath and pull my bunker pants on. I toss my coat on, leaving it unbuttoned as I shit the door. I check the MDT and start looking for information on the call as I call us responding over the air. I start to button my coat up as Marcus pulls us out. Some of the cars don't wait for us, as we continue to blast the air horn. Finally, we get a break as we pull out, heading toward Rocky County's area. I make sure that my coat is buttoned up as I turn to the guys, still glancing at the MDT.*

'All right guys, we're probably not gonna beat the truck to the scene, so we'll see what they need. When we get there, I want to see if we can get a supply line for ourselves, and we may need one for Rocky, depending on if they have one themselves. They should also know if the guy is inside or not, but we'll have to see when we get there. If we are going to do interior suppression, then let's get a 2 1/2. Its a big space, so the only issue I'm expecting is having some sore arms afterward. I'd like to stay out if we can because of all the hay I think we'll find in there. Guys, I'll check with Rocky County to see if they know if there is a guy in there and if they need a supply line for their engine. If you guys could get us a feed for our engine, it would be great. I'll let you guys know and come help you guys get Rocky's feed if they need one. Now, if you guys are good, let's enjoy this long response.'

*I wait for a second before turning back to the MDT and the window for any questions from the guys.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Cornelius Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:17 am

* I hear over the radio that the Volly boys are just arriving on scene. they mention that it is a building fully involved with no signs of life outside. *

" Tri-City Truck-17 to Rocky County, we are 5 minutes out. let us know what you need on scene when we arrive. "

' ok guys this is going to be no fun at all. the volley guys have I don't think ever dealt with a fully involved anything much less a barn. Lets keep our heads. our focus will be recovery of that guy if the situation warrants, otherwise our focus will only be on outside suppression. don't let it spread to brush. No need to throw the stick on this just keep things under control outside. '

* I start to get my air pack on and make sure the straps are secure as we pass the county line. In the distance I can se thick black smoke *

' Well looky there guys. there she blows lol. '
J.Cornelius
J.Cornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Cornelius Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:59 am

* As we make our turn onto River road I we all notice the huge risers of black smoke. *

' Well obviously the volunteer guys have not got this close to being under control guys. '

* the truck starts to shake and rock from the dirt road we start to go over. *

' oh for Christ sake what the hell is this. alright slow it down steve lets not lost the trailer. '
J.Cornelius
J.Cornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by S.Addington Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:45 pm

' got it Jay. '

* I start to slow us down on the road until the twists are done and we finally arrive on scene. I take my headset off, set the truck in park and set the air brakes. I open my door and step out getting my turnout coat on when im on the ground. *

' Cap since no stick, do you need me with you. '
S.Addington
S.Addington

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Cornelius Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:49 pm

* I get my cover on as Steve brings us to a stop. *

" Fire.... Truck-17 on scene. Fully engulfed single story barn, Continue Engine-12 in Code-3. "

' Lets go boys, Irons at the ready. '

* I step out and walk over to the VFD Fire chief and take my cover off to speak with him. *

' Hey Chief. where do you need us. '

' Hello Captain I have men who are not equipped to go inside and search for a victim. we have 1 unaccounted for that being the homeowner, we believe he is inside but our equipment doesn't support us going into something that bad. our guys will go in but they don't have the gear for it. '

* I look down and shake my head in frustration. *

' Alright chief get us the hose crews to support us, we will do the best search we can given the amount of fire in there. '

* I get my cover back on and walkover to my guys. *

' Alright guys, search pattern inside, stay together, the volley boys are going to provide hose support for us. Stay together alright do not separate for anything. masks up at the door. '

* Engine-12 pulls up as soon as I am done briefing my men. *

" Truck-17 to Engine-12, Nicholas can you get our men on the front door assisting the volunteer guys with a 2nd line, we are going to do a search for the man inside. "

J.Cornelius
J.Cornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 am

*After a rather long ride, we get on scene. I mark it on the MDT and make sure my SCBA is good on my back as I hear Jay ask us to get a second line.*

"Engine 12 copies, Truck 17. BREAK Engine 12 to Fire... We are onscene with Truck 17 and TVFD."

*I see the guys already working to get a 2 1/2 off the engine. I put my helmet on and help Jack wrangle it over to the door. I let him take the nozzle as we mask up. I get a seal, pull my hood over, put my helmet on, and click into my air. We get a few feet inside the door and get ready to open the line as I key the mic.*

"Engine 12 Brondum to Engine 12 Moore, charge the line please."
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Cornelius Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:28 pm

* My team and I approach the nor fully involved wooden barn door. the volunteer guys hit the door hard with their stream The fir eon and around the door gets quickly put out. *

' Mask up guys stay together and follow me. '

* I get my mask on, check the air and look at my gauge. Seeing I have plenty of air I get my ax and move into the building followed closely by my crew. There is zero vis-ability and a sharp orange/yellow glow is all around us similar to what it would be like on the sun. I get a couple steps inside and realize this isn't going to happen. I look back at the crew and give the sign for us to pull-back. the four of us only being a couple steps in are able to retreat quickly outside. I get outside and throw my mask off letting it dangle at my waist. *

' Oh hell no that's not going to happen guys, Sorry guys but we are not going in there. it isn't stable enough for any of us to be in there. '

* I take my tank off and set it down, Feeling a tightness in my chest I sit down then look down at my hands. They are bleeding and red from where my gloves have burned through from the ground being so hot. *

' Shit what is this?. '

* Steve comes over and helps me to take off the remaining parts of the glove and motions for 12's medic to come over. *
J.Cornelius
J.Cornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by S.Addington Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:46 pm

* I see Jay sit down and walk over to him, his hands are bloody and I immedialty rush to get his gloves off him. *

' What the hell cap, how did these get burned through?. '

* He shakes his head like he has no idea. Once the gloves are off I rush to the truck still with my air pack on and grab a bottle of saline water. As I start rushing back to Jay I realize I still have my air pack on, I take it off quickly and get back to his side. Grabbing his radio I pick it up and talk. *

" Fire.... Truck-17 Addington. We have a firefighter hurt. Can you send an additional Ambulance to our location code-3. "

* I get the water and have him hold his hands out. they are already blistering and still bleeding pretty heavily. I pour the saline water over them washing away any of the debris and dirt in the wounds. *
S.Addington
S.Addington

Back to top Go down

Post by L.Campbell Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:39 pm

" Fire to Truck-17. Additional Ambulances have been dispatched. Please advise if Medic-unit is needed. "
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:42 pm

*I feel the line get charged with water as jack and I start to hit some of the fire running along the walls. I keep looking up, trying to gage the roof. When I see the ladder guys turn and head out, I figure that we might as well follow them. I keep working with Jack to hit the fire as I turn and see Jay call for us. I hit Jack on the shoulder and point over my shoulder to Jay. Jack closes the line as I move up to the nozzle and wait for Marcus to come and back me up as we keep working with the volley guys from the outside. I hear the transmission coming from Steve about Jay as I try to turn and see what is going on, but I can't because of the 2 1/2 we're using. I go back to working on the building as some of the Volley guys start to inch closer to the door. I start watching them, knowing that the building isn't stable at all, considering some of the joists are already starting to buckle. As they get closer to the door, I stop them and let them know that the building isn't stable as they start claiming they want to go and get the guy inside. I shut the line down as I make sure they aren't going back inside and walk back to Jay. I start to come up with a game plan for a defensive operation for our guys as I walk over to him. I see Jack and Steve trying to treat his hands as I make sure I'm out of their way, but close enough to help him, if he needs it.*

'Jay, you all right, other than the obvious?'
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Cornelius Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:05 pm

' yea im alright, I didn't even realize this until I looked down. Hey Steve you don't need another ambo, we can take me in the truck no big deal here. Just get me wrapped up and im good. '

* I sit calmly as the two engine companies continue to battle the fire until the smoke turns to light grey then white. My crew continues to assist where they can until it is apparent that there is no need for us any longer. I stand up and painfully get my gear on board the truck. My bandages are starting to turn pink so I know its time to get on our way. *

' Alright my guys lets get this going. '

* I pick up my portable. *

" Fire....Truck-17 will be out of service until further notice. Truck-17 will be en-Route to St Eva's Please notify Morrington County that we will need their truck to assist on any calls... We will notify you when we are back in service. "
J.Cornelius
J.Cornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:56 pm

'All right, man. Good luck.'

*I turn back as we start to set up the master stream on the engine and then start working back on the barn as I watch the truck guys head out. I walk over to the TVFD chief and start to figure out where we need to put people. I know that the barn won't be around much longer as we start working on the Bravo side with the master stream on the engine and out 2 1/2.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Cornelius Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:13 pm

* Steve, Damon, Roy, Myself and Robert climb into the truck The building is still burning but is clearly being brought under control. My hands still wrapped up tight we start heading out of the area and onto the highway towards St Eva's Medical Center. *

' well this certainly sucks. '
J.Cornelius
J.Cornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:27 pm

*I turn from the top of the engine as I watch the ladder guys pull out. I look back at the building and see there really isn't much else for me to hit on the deck gun, so I climb off while letting it flow in relatively the same spot it was before. I walk over to the TVFD chief and start discussing how we'll finish up. When he tells me that his guys can do overhaul, I take it as a gift and thank him. I grab my mic as I walk back to the engine to help the guys finish up.*

"Engine 12 Brondum to Engine 12, we have the go-ahead to clear. Let's pack it up, please."

*I climb back up onto the engine and shut off the deck gun. I lock it back into place and then turn around to help the guys re rack the hose when they're ready.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:12 pm

*Once we finish with the hose, I climb down and get back in. I hit available on the MDC and lean back as we head back toward our station.*

"Fire... Engine 12 is available, returning to quarters."
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down