Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/12/14 Engine-12

+2
N. Brondum
L.Campbell
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1/12/14  Engine-12 - Page 2 Empty Re: 1/12/14 Engine-12

Post by G. Kemp Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:32 pm

'Alright'
*I walk out into the hallways, which are still pretty smoky and open as many windows that I can. I feel along the walls and vents behind the unit and they both seem to be warm, but cooled down enough to not rekindle another fire. To double check I kneel down and listen for a minute to see if I can hear anything smoldering in the vent system. I don't hear anything, so I walk back out to the hallway and see the hallway is pretty clear now. I remove my mask letting it hang down off my neck and yell to the AC room.*
'Hey, Looking good out here! I think it's completely knocked down. I think it would be safe to start wrapping up don't you think... *Dispatcher advises of fire*  Did you hear that we've got another run!'
G. Kemp
G. Kemp

Back to top Go down

1/12/14  Engine-12 - Page 2 Empty Re: 1/12/14 Engine-12

Post by N. Brondum Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:59 am

*I nod and then I hear the call. Once everyone is finished with their overhaul, I motion to them to follow me as we head out. I see the security chief and tell him that the mall is closed until the smoke clears and grab the mic.*
"Engine 12 to Fire, we will be clearing this call and taking the working fire in our district."
*I put my portable on the seat and climb into the rig, still dressed from the last call. I mark responding on the EAT as I wait for the guys.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2