Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2/18/13 Engine-17

+2
J. Floan
L.Campbell
6 posters

Go down

2/18/13 Engine-17  Empty 2/18/13 Engine-17

Post by L.Campbell Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Engine-17 Respond to the Corner of Yankee St & Sand ave. Reports of a person down gunshot wound. PD On scene requesting Yankee st and Sand ave Respond on 17 Bravo. Time out 1535
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

2/18/13 Engine-17  Empty Re: 2/18/13 Engine-17

Post by J. Floan Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:42 pm

" 17 is responding fire. "

* As we pull out onto Crenshaw i keep the sirens off but leave the lights going. Traffic is Very light, Not many people out tonight . I roll my window up and lean my head to the side ont o my hand. . *

" Engine-17 to Fire......Any furhter info from the PD on this call. "
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

https://tces.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Davis Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:30 am

* Sitting back as we go down the road I look out the window at the city lights. The evening is crisp and cool, Brians window is open so there is a cold breeze blowing into the engine. The sirens are loud even with my headset on and i hear the captain give an instruction to me. *

' No problem cap I'll stick close to you guys and assist where u need me to. '

T.Davis
T.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by L.Campbell Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:46 am

" Engine-17 thsi appears to be 2 victims now. I am starting a RA to the location as well. PD cannot confirm status of 2nd patient nor the 1st other than men down.........Break Fire to Medic-17 I show you clear ofht ePark response, Take on the Response with your engine, Yanke Street and Sand Ave for 2 men down now with a GSW. Unknown status of both. Engine-17 is en-route at this time. Yankee Street and Sand Ave opn 17 Bravo. "
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 pm

* Richard continues to speed down the street edging closer and closer to the scene. In the distance I see the lights of the police and then more and more. I realize something big has happened. *

' Brian, You and Ty take one victim, I'll work ont he other until the medics get here, Rich help me out when we arrive yea. '
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 am

' No problem cap I'll take the rookie. '

* As i watch Tyrell glove up the enormous amount of emergency lights in the distance grows closer. I know this isnt just gonna be a regular call for some reason. *
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:59 am

* Rich pulls up to the scene, We are directed into an area to park by the Police. Once in that area we pull to a stop and start to disperse. *

" Fire.....Engine-17 is on scene. "

* I get my cover on and step out of the engine. Surveying the scene doesnt seem like anything unusual to me so after getting the extra ALS bag out of the engine i walk over to the patient not being attended to and kneel down. I stop cold in my tracks and my mouth drops open. It is the former Chief Mccollum. He has been shot several times. I immediatly get my cover off and start looking around him for entries and exits. I check for a Pulse and there is none. He has been shot from what i can see once in the neck, once in the stomach and twice in the chest. I immediatly get on the radio to the Dispatch. *

" Fire Engine-17 start us a 2nd RA please and notify Tri City medical of at least 1 trauma inbound.....Break....Engine-17 to Medic-17 go to Channel 4 secure. "

* Rich starts to work on McCollum as I alert the incoming RA about the situation. Once done I turn my attention back to the patient. I get several 4x4's and try to cap off the bleeding. Rich starts CPR while I get an ET tube ready. *

' Rich Stop CPR. '

* I flick on the light on the hook and gently insert the ET tube down his throat. Once secured and in place I attach the bag to it and tape it to his mouth and chin. *

' Continue CPR Rich. '

* Knowing this is probably a lost cause I continue to bag him while hearing the RA's sirens getting closer and closer. Blood continues to pump out of his neck as Rich does his compressions. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 am

" Medic-17 copies We are less than a minute away. "

* I switch to Channel 4 as Brittany speeds up. Once i learn of one of the victims my heart sinks. This is a man who has personally helped me through much of my schooling and work. I fight back emotions as we pull up. *

" Fire....Medic-17 on scene. "

* I step out and without grabbing anything I run over to see John and Chief McCollum. He is now a bloody mess. John's turnout sleeves are full of blood now and he has a look of desperation on his face. I walk over and stop Rojas from doing CPR. *

' Just bag him, everytime you are doing a compression you are forcing more blood out of him. Start an IV of Ringers Wide open then a 2nd IV Bolus of Ringers.. '

* I grab the Biophone and immeditly call into Tri City to alert them. *

" Tri City Medical....Coronado Medic-17......We are on scene with 2 patients both multiple gsw's. the 1st patient is a 59 y/o Male shot in the neck, stomach and twice in the chest, unknown how much blood lost. ET tube is in, we are startign 2 IV's at this point both ringers 1 bolus, patient has No pulse and is not breathing. Unknown status of 2nd patient, medic-17 will be taking this patient to your location. "
J.Morrison
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:26 pm

* As rich starts the IV's I continue to apply pressure to his neck and bag him at the same time. Brittany rolls over the stretcher and we quickly load him up. Rushing him to the ambulance Brittany jumps into the drivers seat as Jamie climbs into the back. I climb in behind her. *

' Rich, Your in charge of this scene. secure it, wait for the 2nd ambo and assist Brian and Tyrell. '

* He nods and assures me he can handle it. He closes the doors and we start off toward the trauma center. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:14 pm

* I kneel down and assess the 1st victim. I immediatly know who this person is. I recognize him as Firefighter Longshore. He has been shot multiple times. He is lying there with his eyes open, not breathing and No signs of life are present. *

' Dammit. How in the hell did this happen. '

* I look up at the cop who is standing over us with a rather sad but content look on his face. *

Cop: It was a Robbery, apparently the other guy and htis guy tried to stop them and talk to them. well oas you can see they didnt wanna talk.

* I look back down at Steve, Close his eyes and walk over to Rojas to let him know. *

' We can probably cxl the 2nd RA and go available, that guy is dead. '
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by R.Rojas Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:17 pm

' Alright i'll call it. '

" Fire....Engine-17......We are gonna be clearing tis scene. 1 patient DOA. 1 patient being transported by our RA. Engine-17 will be on no code follow-up to Tri-City. "

* I start walking back to the engine to take off, thouroughly in disbelief at what has just taken place. *
R.Rojas
R.Rojas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down